About Me

Seeking His glory every single day. Loving all. Blessed beyond measure.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

i miss songfest.

For those of you who have lived in Abilene forever or who have been to ACU, you are probably familiar with the term sing-song. Well, sing-song has taken over my roommates lives for the past month, but it all ends tonight! I can't wait to post pictures of my cute popcorn and piggie roommates, but that will have to wait until after the big performance tonight!

In the mean time...I have been reminiscing on the good times from Pepperdine's version of sing-song, aka SONGFEST! Those were some of the best weeks of my life, by far. It is quite different from sing song for the following reasons: we dance (ah!), sing, and act out a story. It is 12 minutes long, and let me just tell you that teaching fraternity boys how to dance and act and sing is quite the feat. But also, hilarious.

I always said that nothing could take the place of ACU's sing-song, but songfest definitely holds a LARGE part of my heart. My first year of participating included a trip to the ER, but the show must go on right?!


Last year (aka the year we WON!) our theme was history. GPS (gamma phi, PI PHI, and sigma chi) decided to go beyond typical historical events that were expected and went with {the plague}. Yeah, I know. Kind of creepy. But hey, every other act dealt with brothers and one became the king. I'd say our creepy act was an odd type of fresh air for the judges.


Half of us were 'infected' and the other half were not. The boy on the right was actually {the plague}. Yes, he grew the beard out for this role. He took is part very seriously.


And of course, we loved all our supporting pi phis who came to cheer on 'the plague'!
All this sing-song mess makes me miss those 10-midnight practices 6 times a week.
Wouldn't have ended college any other way.

Anyways, good luck to all you sing-songers tonight! Can't wait to have y'all back in my life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment