About Me

Seeking His glory every single day. Loving all. Blessed beyond measure.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Bachelor Mondays.

This post is dedicated to things I am missing now, but also to things that I am loving at this very moment.
I've realized this is a good balance to realize, reflect on, and not dwell on.

1
One year ago today I was starting the best spring break ever with 10 of my most amazing friends. While being couped up in Courtney's incredible Grand Lake cabin in CO for 7 days, we stretched every option of everyone following their dreams yet simultaneously living in Grand Lake, CO. That didn't work...but a girl can always dream.

2
My friends and I here in Abilene have started cooking dinner together on Monday nights and watching the Bachelor. TOO much fun! Tonight J'lyn made incredible chicken, squash, and asparagus dinner. I made Pioneer Woman {awesome-est blueberry muffins}. DELISH. I feel healthier eating things made from scratch. I don't think that is always the case...

3
One year ago exactly, the girls spent the whole day telling the boys how important it was to stay quiet for just 2 hours to let us watch the bachelor finale. We seriously lectured them all day: no stomping, no running, no bugging. Ironically, we all make our hot chocolate and are mentally prepared for such a monumental occasion...and forgot the time change. What up, we got owned by mother nature. Suffice it to say, the boys were loving hearing our screams of horror when we realized we missed the WHOLE FIRST HOUR! Great memories. And he chose Vienna. WHAT? Still confused about that one...

{of course the boys heard the rukus and their first instinct was to grab the camera, run downstairs, and capture our freaking out. thanks guys.}
4
This is totally off topic...but this might be the most important thing. Abilene finally has FROZEN YOGURT! Welcome to 2011, Abilene. For the past 4 years, Malibu Yo was our go to. Now the issue is: what to call it? Nikkis? Kind of not a huge fan of the name...other options we have brainstormed are: swirl shop, swirls, yo (CA favorite), and niks. I think that NIKS might be the winner. We are all about abbreviating. The 4 year old I nanny abbreviated a word yesterday and justified it by saying 'it's a fancy way of saying the longer word.' From the mouths of babes.

Well there you have it. Old and new memories of Mondays.
Hope all of you bloggers enjoyed your Bachelor Monday as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment