About Me

Seeking His glory every single day. Loving all. Blessed beyond measure.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

oh the places you'll go...

Well people, I'm officially old. Why? Because I graduated a year ago yesterday.
May 1, 2010. A day to go down in history when all 3 of my family members were in CA at the same time, all of my best friends' families got to be together (a first!), and the day I became emotionally unstable for a solid few months (don't judge).

{me walking into our graduation and happening to walk my family. random? yes.}

So what does this mean?
#1. I have to take off my pi phi sticker on my car. Yes, it's still on there because I can't let go. But I am. Tomorrow...
{pi phis at family beach dinner after grad}

As sad as I was to go {maybe the biggest understatement of the century}, I have definitely seen how life is not actually over at graduation. A wise professor my friends and I had our last semester gave us this picture:

{this is real stuff. don't give up hope you little graduates!}

So what happened after graduation?

I fell in love with these two little ones. Best summer job I've ever had. I can't imagine not having met the Peterson family!

{McKinley, your bangs and David's bangs are doing an oddly similar thing..hm...just sayin haha}
I made some incredible friends! {and got to be a part of lots of engagements.
Went to Harry Potter World with my mom and McKinley! Best idea ever.
Experienced a snow storm the century. In Abilene, TX. Snow days are one thing that Pepperdine never gave me!

{other highlights include: getting to be with close friends from highschool, experiencing guitars and cadillacs...and promising myself I would never go back, and the royal wedding. duh. I'm still recovering from that late night...like I said, I'm old.}

It really has been a great year of learning how to stay connected with my best friends who are literally all over the world, learn that God is faithful in His plans, and learning to live in Abilene again!
I mean, who would have thought that a year ago I'd be going to Africa {in 3 weeks!}?
It really is exciting to think that we don't know what will happen in the next year.
But for real, how awesome is it to be able to be confident in the unknown?
We are truly blessed.
Can't wait to see what the next year will bring! {other than late nights and stress of grad school...hah}

1 comment: