About Me

Seeking His glory every single day. Loving all. Blessed beyond measure.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

springtime.

I love springtime. I love springtime. I love springtime.
Yet, I can't help but smile and love days like today where I wear comfy pants, a grey sweatshirt, and a hat.
There's just something about this rainy, dreary, WONDERFUL weather that makes me want to curl up, watch harry potter, and not go to work. So, seeing as I still live the flexible life of a college student, I will probably do just that.
But even though I love this weather...
I am so excited for all things springy.

this dress from anthro shouts classic, subtle spring. i love it. and if i wasn't going to be in africa all summer, i would probably dream about wearing it to one of the 7 weddings happening within the next 4 months.

I love this Lilly watch. And my sister has it. She should probably share the wealth...

Another thing I love about spring is Easter. duh. Who doesn't love Easter?
{funny story tangent}
Yesterday at Refugee soccer, I was leading my little small group of about 4, 7 year old girls. We were talking about what Easter is really about, and I decided to start off the discussion with the question...
have you ever known anyone who died...and then came back to life?
I was expecting them to say no, obviously, and then continue to talk about Jesus and how great our God is that he could perform such miracles.
Well, one little girl responded with "yes". Very nonchalantly. "My grandmother died once, and five days later she came back to life." What? I responded with "Really? Oh wow, okayyy? That is interesting." I will never know if this really happened. Maybe the medicine men in Africa are way more powerful than I give them credit for!
Anyways, that gave me a good laugh.

Either way, Easter is coming. Put on your Easter Bonnet. Time to sing my favorite church songs. Because up from the grave He arose (He arose)!


No comments:

Post a Comment