About Me

Seeking His glory every single day. Loving all. Blessed beyond measure.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

things I am thankful for.


I am thankful that I am going to AFRICA for the summer!


Here's the cool part. I got a phone call from my friend Jason, who is living in Kenya right now, saying I am coming to Kenya this summer. I was not aware of this! Turns out they had an opening for a summer camp counselor, and they offered me the spot. Wow. I immediately felt an overwhelming amount of calmness and excitement about it. I'm not a rash decision making person, but I have never felt more sure about anything before! So, within 48 hours I had received the phone call, talked to my parents, filled out the application, talked to the director in Kenya, and had a flight booked to Kenya for 6 weeks from now!

So, I leave for Kenya in 6 weeks! I will work at a summer camp for missionary kids and local African kids for 5 weeks. Our summmer is split up by 3 weeks of traveling around Kenya to partner with different ministires along with experiencing more of the rural cultures. We also take a trip to raft the Nile , and at the end we go to this place where we get to see safari animals! There are about 10 college students from ACU and 10 from Georgia that I'll be working with all summer. {here} is the link of the ministry I will be working with.

It seems crazy that I am going to Africa in 6 weeks for the whole summer. But I am
so thankful God's plan and the peace he can bring in crazy moments and {new plans}.
 I have been getting a little antsy knowing that the next 2 years of grad school will be so time consuming. I think this will be so good for my soul to keep me from getting too stir crazy! I am so thankful for God's faithfulness. If only you knew all the things that have happened this semester that all add up to make me feel so at peace about going. I'll spare you all the details. But God is faithful in his plans. No doubt.

So, Kenya here I come! Oh yeah, and one of the most awesome things is that I get to spend the summer with 2 of my best friends who moved to Kenya in January! I just feel very thankful.

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever.
Psalm 136:1

No comments:

Post a Comment